A quick and easy formula to slay beat block!!
- Open up your favorite VST
- Open the piano roll.
- Turn the metronome on
- Start dragging out random notes on the piano roll.
- Create a melody that sounds at least halfway decent.
- Open up GrossBeat or some type of Effect VST
- Effect the melody you made to make it glitch.
- Clone the vst channel you made
- change the sound of the cloned track
- delete some of the notes of the cloned track to give it variance
- take the cloned track up or down an octave to separate the frequencies
- spice up the cloned track in little ways
- an added note or removed here and there
- keep cycling through sounds on the cloned track until you find a voicing you really like
- Get a melody going that has it's own rhythm without any drums at all
- place certain strong notes or hits only on the down beats
- counter that with other melodies that are more active
- keep building the groove until you are satisfied with how the melody sounds - with NO drums added
- then when you are done with the melody section, start adding percussions
- do not add kicks or snares yet
- add those absolutely last
- add percussion sounds and effect type sounds on top of your melody
- keep adding until you have a super dope sounding beat
Hope this helps you.
Just keep on makin those beats. dont give up
you CAN get out of that funk! YOU CAN DO IT!!
comment down below your thoughts, feedbacks, and ideas!!
i'd love to hear from you.
3 thoughts on “How to cure beatblock”
Major thanks Cras “ been having beat block for a couple of months now… and this totally helped.
Always glad to help! What helped you the most?
How long have you been making beats?
Check back for more blogs because I put more up often!